Dear Friends of New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps,
The town of New Canaan is blessed with many dedicated people who donate thousands of hours each year to improve the quality of our town. New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps (NCVAC), a valuable resource for the New Canaan community, is made possible by the hard work and dedication of the 41 current volunteers who staff the facility 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. NCVAC’s service to our neighbors is free of charge. This commitment, together with the financial contributions of the New Canaan taxpayers, allows us to deliver the highest level of professional emergency medical care to those in need. Our annual letter to the community serves to update residents on our current activities.
Each of our EMTs rides 4-5 12 hour shifts a month. In addition, our members attend a monthly meeting and training and respond to neighborhood and back up calls. As one of the few all volunteer ambulance corps remaining in the state, our members also take on a variety of responsibilities to maintain our building, vehicles, equipment and staff to ensure that NCVAC meets the rigorous standards of professionalism that our community deserves. We are passionate about serving New Canaan to the best of our abilities.
Some improvements to NCVAC this year include:
• technology upgrades to enhance communication resulting in quicker, more informed responses;
• significant membership participation in an optional 16 hour Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support course;
• participation in state-wide planning and preparation for EMS response to large scale emergencies which this year was a town-wide shooter drill at Silver Hill Hospital;
• an updated website for increased transparency and better community understanding;
• expanded social media presence informing a broader audience; and
• participation in the New Canaan High School Internship Program leading to the production of an award winning educational video.
Other current NCVAC programs contributing to community education include:
• Hands On New Canaan (HONC) initiative which seeks to educate members of our community on compressions only CPR and AED use;
• support of the Yellow Dot, File of Life and Smart 911 programs in conjunction with the New Canaan Police Department; and
• classroom discussions and facility tours for community groups of all ages.
We want to thank you for your unwavering support of the New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps. We encourage you to look for announcements of our upcoming Open House so you can stop by, learn about us and introduce your family to our NCVAC family. We are honored to serve you.
Stephanie Dalia, President Wendy Fog, Captain
Alison Bedula, Vice President Wendy Hilboldt, 1st Lieutenant